The student news site of New Providence High School

The Providential

The Providential

The Providential

Relay for Life

The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life is an annual event held at many locations around the nation to help communities fight back against cancer. Relayers organize teams, with families and friends of all ages, raise money, and camp out around the track. Although not required to, many team members stay over night to walk the track and attend the inspiring Luminaria and Fight Back Ceremonies. Participants come together to celebrate survivors, remember those that have been lost, and take steps to fight back against the disease that has touched so many. There is a DJ, rock climbing wall, food court, dance classes, and many other fun attractions that make Relay the perfect place for everyone to hang out.

Last year, the Relay at GovernorLivingstonHigh School in Berkeley HeightsNew Jersey was the largest in the Eastern Division raising about $387,000 with 1,100 participants. With the goal of saving lives and creating a world without cancer, we encourage you to do your part in the fight against cancer and join us at GL on June 8-9th from 3:00pm-7:00am. You can make a team and stay over or just stop by and enjoy the fun. Relay is a night to make a difference, a night to touch lives of the many people affected by cancer, and a life-changing experience that you will not regret attending!

For more information go to Relay for Life