Music for the Masses

Claire Suh, Staff Writer

New Providence High School’s music club, formed only last year, is flourishing under the supervision of Ms. Ciambrone and club founders Daiki Ogino and William Turner.  The two seniors started the club last year for students who have a passion for music.  All students are welcome to join, even those with no experience.  The club is a great place for everyone to unwind during the week after a stressful day of school.  The only requirement is an interest in music and a desire to learn.

Every Tuesday after school, about twenty students come to the orchestra room to learn a new instrument, practice a piece, or just jam out with friends

after a few announcements from the club’s founders.  Club members have the opportunity to participated in activities such as the Ice Cream Social, Christmas Caroling, and club projects where students get together to work on a piece as a group.  Skilled members are enlisted to teach the less experienced ones in the art of a variety of different instruments ranging from the trumpet to the bass.  In addition to music lessons, the club also provides occasional visits from guest speakers and practice time for auditions.

Currently, elections are taking place for a music club officer.  The officer’s duties will include aiding the club founders with various tasks and organizing instrument lessons.  The election results will be announced at the next meeting.  The election took place online as a Google form and the poll was open for a week to make sure every club member voted.