Club Fair Recap

The Club Fair has become a yearly tradition for students and staff.  The Club Fair provides freshman students with the opportunity to sign up for extracurricular clubs that pique their interest  and gives loyal club members the opportunity to represent their club and recruit new members. 

The Club Fair is organized by Ms. Macauley, a student counselor, and Ms. Henriques, a Spanish teacher, and is held in the cafeteria.  

Peer leaders seek out new recruits for their clubs and help lowerclassmen explore new passions.

“It might show the freshman something that they didn’t know NPHS offered,” said Henriques.

Ms. Henriques explained that although the club fair is supported by peer leader advisers, “the peer leaders host the club fair,” which this year consisted of  “37-38 clubs this year that all represented themselves.”

The club fair is not only a way for a student to explore new hobbies but it can also help students create new friendships. Having clubs at school gives students a sense of community and understanding.

As Henriques explained, it is a way to help students explore their current interests, while also providing “an opportunity to find something they enjoy.”

“It was a fun experience and it helped me further my understanding of all the clubs” said Katherine Huerfano, a sophomore at NPHS.  “The clubs gave me something to do since I don’t like sports and I’m not into band.”