Cross Country: Midseason Check-in

September has come to an end, and the cross country Pioneers are off to a great start heading into the middle of the season.  They are practicing every day after school with time training, long runs, hill sprints, tempo runs, and weight training to build strength and endurance for races.

Coach Arnold said: “The girls team looks really good competitively,” and he is “very excited to see all of them run together in one race.” 

Senior Rowen Henry, a frequent placer in the top 25,  finished 10th out of 73 runners in the first meet.   

Henry said her main goal of the season is to: “to improve my time.” 

Another varsity runner, Gabby Glaser, said: “I’m really hoping the team will definitely make it to groups and hopefully we can make it to the meet of champions.” 

The cross country team typically makes it to the meet of champions every year and in 2019 they won it. 

This year, the boys team has a lot of new runners. Coach Arnold thinks they have a lot of potential and is excited to see them develop and contribute during the season. 

Colin Cadmus, a senior and a captain of the boys team, said his goal is to: “represent the team and have a good end to his last cross country season.” 

Leading up to the meet of champions on November 11th, the other upcoming meets are on October 10th for the conference championships, October 19th for Union County championships, sectionals on October 28th, and group championships on November 4th.