Abortion Should Be a Legal Right for Women

A woman should have a choice over her own body and be able to have an abortion. 

The debate surrounding abortion centers on a woman’s right to decide for herself and whether the procedure, which terminates a pregnancy before childbirth, should be legally permitted. This  issue often divides people into pro-life and pro-choice.

In my opinion, pro-choice is the only right side. This is because women should have choice over themselves and they should not be forced into pregnancy. The pregnancy could’ve been an accident, the women could’ve been sexually assaulted and gotten pregnant that way. Abortion, as a legal and accessible option, is important for women facing such situations.

The woman, as the host and caregiver should have the right to be able to make her own choice like terminating the pregnancy if she is unable to take care of the baby. Various factors, such as finances or being in school, can make it challenging for a woman to raise a child. Women should have the right to terminate a pregnancy, especially if they are unable to provide a stable and supportive environment for the child. Choosing whether to have a baby or not is a personal decision that everyone should be able to make for themselves. 

Recent legislative changes have allowed states to choose for themselves if abortion should be outlawed or if it is legal. Previously, it was protected throughout the country by Roe v. Wade, and now it is only protected in 21 states.   

Supporting pro-choice is about understanding and acknowledging different situations and feelings. It is a way to show that we care about people being treated fairly and with kindness. Supporting pro choice is about making sure everyone has the right to make decisions about their health and future without feeling judged or facing obstacles along the way.

In conclusion, being pro-choice in abortion is not about promoting one viewpoint over another. It’s more about respecting the choices a woman may face.