NPHS Clubs Accommodate Student Interests

It’s 2:50 pm, school just ended, and most kids are flying out the front door. However, you walk the opposite direction, still eager, even though you’re staying in the school building for at least another hour. Although you’re still far away from the door, you can hear echoes of laughter from the distance. Eventually, you reach the open door.  Kids are already in the room, talking, laughing, and fooling around a bit. Although the room is loud and filled with students, it quiets down quickly as the advisor calls attention to the members. They quiet down because they chose to be there. 

NPHS has a variety of fun clubs to join. From photography to the math team, students can join many different clubs that might hold their interest. 

“I like doing activities in my clubs with my friends,” said Maddy DiQuollo, a member of many NPHS clubs. 

Whether the club meeting takes place in the morning, during lunch, or afterschool, students are involved in fun activities in the subject they like. 

Club advisors play an important part in forming clubs. Their passion for the subject helps to make club time even more enjoyable for everyone there. 

Ms. Fintz said:  “For knitting club, I was approached by students who were looking for a faculty monitor who was interested, and I am a crocheter at heart so it’s something near and dear to me.”

In terms of the other club she monitors, the esports gaming club, she said:  “I’m trying to get better at Super Smash so I can go against my own students but it’s highly unlikely.”