AI Should be Seen for its Benefits Rather than its Dangers

Many people around the world see AI as a danger to society and don’t appreciate the benefits that come with it. AI has access to everything on the internet which can help people in certain situations. Some people may see that as dangerous, but people need to look at the upsides too.

According to From FOMO to AI: Roger Valade on the Rewards and Risks of Artificial Intelligence: “Artificial intelligence has been a dream for decades, but today’s realities of cloud computing and big data are finally realizing some of those dreams. But should we dread the negative outcomes often predicted by AI futurists? Will you be locked out of your home or your car or your computer by an AI that has taken on HAL 9000 characteristics? Stanford’s “One Hundred Year Study on Artificial Intelligence” 2016 report states, “Contrary to the more fantastic predictions for AI in the popular press, the Study Panel found no cause for concern that AI is an imminent threat to humankind.”

AI is helpful in many different ways: helping in advancements in science and technology, for example. With AI’s access to everything around the world, it can help professionals advance in their field and give them pieces of information that they could not get without AI.

Drug discovery researcher Derek Lowe explained: “It is not that machines are going to replace chemists. It’s that the chemists who use machines will replace those that don’t. Our use of these machines will only become more sophisticated as well.”

Since AI has the ability to process information and data, it can go beyond just gathering information.  It can recognize patterns, and make its own decisions that can be helpful in certain situations surrounding the person’s professional field.  

On the other hand, some people may think that AI can’t tell the difference between fake and real information and may give false information to the people who are searching. But, AI has evolved to recognize patterns and take in loads of information and data at once. Since it has these abilities, it can recognize the difference between fake and real information. 

Also, AI has the ability to analyze pieces of information that humans can’t do on their own. This feature can be helpful in many ways and benefit the people that use it. Since AI has the ability to access data all over the internet it has abilities that can be used as a tool and help the users.

People see AI for its dangers, such as impersonating other people, invading users’ privacy, taking over jobs, and cybersecurity risks. But, as of now, most of these fears have not come true and aren’t predicted to happen in the near future. AI was not made to be used as a weapon and strike fear into the public. It was rather created to be used as a tool and to help and benefit the people who use it. This is why it should be seen for its benefits rather than its dangers.