Pioneers Kick Off Year with Pep Rally

With fall sports hitting mid-season the 2nd annual pep rally is around the corner.

NPHS added a pep rally to our calendar last year to help boost school spirit. Due to the first one being a complete success, the school has decided to make it an yearly event. 

The Neer Nation club was created with the goal of making and organizing school events that encourage students participation and help increase school pride. Pep rallies are events that are aimed to promote school spirit and bring the school community together, so it was a perfect fit for Neer Nation.

Ms. Berrios, the advisor of the Neer Nation club, said: “ A few years ago, we met with students and staff and formed focus groups. We wanted to see what we could improve to add more school spirit and school morale. And the one thing that a lot of students and teachers articulated is that they wanted more school wide events. And so we thought a pep rally would be an awesome way to bring the community together.”

According to Alexa DeSeta, the head of Neer Nation, last year’s pep rally was a “complete success”.

Mr. Carangelo, the Athletic Director, said: “Sports are a big part of the pep rally and so is the band. It’s really all part of one big picture, and all together it makes a really fun environment for us and our peers.” 

This year the pep rally promises lots of activities and fun, starting with the marching band’s “hype music”, which is intended to get everyone in the right spirit and mindset. The fall sport senior athletes will also be announced, the cheer squad will perform, and there will be multiple games to earn points for Class Clash.

All of these factors will help strengthen the Pioneer community’s connections with each other and create a great and supportive environment.  

The pep rally will be Friday, October 13 during the last block of the day.