New Principal for NPHS!

New Principal for NPHS!

Graduation Day in June will mark the last day of High School for more than just the Seniors. Joining them in their departure from New ProvidenceHigh School will also be Principal Paul Casarico. Mr. Casarico will be moving on to become the District’s Assistant Superintendent of Schools. The CountySuperintendent must approve the appointment of Mr. Casarico before he can officially take his new job.  So who is going to take the head seat for NPHS? It will be none other than Mrs. Lauren Zirpoli! Mrs. Zirpoli, the current Assistant Principal and anti-bullying specialist, will be New ProvidenceHigh School’s new principal.

The changes in the job positions were approved by the Board of Education at its April 25 meeting and will be effective on July 1, 2013. It was the current Assistant Superintendent, Deborah Feinberg, who set all these actions into motion by submitting her retirement papers.  

Superintendent of Schools David Miceli is pleased to promote these two individuals. He said the entire situation is, “exciting for the staff,” because they get to “see people they know rise to the top.” He continued to say how, “it benefits the community to have people who are familiar with the District and its culture be promoted.” Dr. Miceli described the situation as ideal because the appointees already have relationships with current administrators, teachers, staff members, and students.

We here at The Providential wish to extend congratulations to both Mrs. Zirpoli and Mr. Casarico in their future endeavors here in the New Providence school system.